Effective as of 31 October 2017.
Other Applicable Terms
Please be aware that these terms relate to use of the Service, apps and any HistoryHit services.
Information About Us
"Hit Networks Ltd", "us" or "we"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10559854 and have our registered office at 164-180 Union St, London SE1 0LH.
We are a limited company.
Changes To These Terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made as they are binding on you.
Changes To Our Service
We may update our Service from time to time and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Service may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our Service, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our Service
HistoryHit FREE Service is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Service, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Service is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Service without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Service.
Your Account And Password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Service and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Service for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Service.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Service must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Service for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No Reliance on Information
The content on our Service is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Service.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Service is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of Our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Service or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Service; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Service.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our Service for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Service for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Service or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any Service linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of Services linked on our Service. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked Services. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services by us to you, which will be set out in our HistoryHit Terms and Conditions of Use for our HistoryHit Services.
Uploading Content To Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Service, or to make contact with other users of our Service, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Service will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Service constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Service.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Service if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our Service do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our Service will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Service. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Service, the server on which our Service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Service. You must not attack our Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Service will cease immediately.
Linking To Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Service in any Service that is not owned by you.
Our Service must not be framed on any other Service, nor may you create a link to any part of our Service other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Service in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our Service other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
Third-Party Links and Resources In Our Site
Where our Service contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
HistoryHit is a trademark of Hit Networks Ltd.
HistoryHit paid service
HistoryHit is a TV subscription service that provides our customers with on-demand video and audio content streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected mobiles, tablets, computers and other devices ("HistoryHit Supported Devices").
The HistoryHit service is provided to you by Hit Networks Ltd, a limited liability company incorporated in the United Kingdom. These Terms & Conditions govern your use of our service. As used in these Terms & Conditions, "HistoryHit service", "our service" or "the service" means the service provided by HistoryHit, including all features and functionalities, website, and user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with our service.
Your HistoryHit membership will continue month-to-month until terminated. Unless you cancel your membership before your monthly renewal date, you authorize us to charge your next month's membership fee to your Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below). To use the HistoryHit service you must have Internet access and a HistoryHit Supported Device, and you must provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time ("Payment Method"). You can find specific details regarding your membership with HistoryHit by visiting our website and clicking on the "My Account" link available at the top of the pages of the tv.historyhit.com website (the "HistoryHit Website").
- Your HistoryHit membership may start with a trial. The Trial Period of your membership may last for seven days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up, and is intended to allow new members and certain former members to try the service. You will be notified during sign-up whether you are eligible for a trial.
- We will bill your Payment Method for your monthly membership fee at the end of the trial period unless you cancel your membership prior to the end of the trial period. To view the monthly membership price and end date of your trial period, visit the HistoryHit Website and click the "Billing" link on the "My Account" page. You will not receive a notice from us that your paid membership has begun.
The membership fee for our service will be billed on a monthly, 6-monthly or 12-monthly basis to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paid membership. In some cases the timing of your billing may change, for example, if your Payment Method has not successfully settled. Visit the HistoryHit Website and click on the "Billing " link on the "My Account" page to see your next payment date.
You can change your Payment Method by visiting the HistoryHit Website and clicking on the "My Account" link. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not change your Payment Method or cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. You authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
You can cancel your HistoryHit membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your monthly or annual billing period, except if you are in your Trial Period, in which case we may end your access to the service immediately. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month or partial-annual membership periods or unwatched TV channels. To cancel, go to the "My Account" page on the HistoryHit Website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click "Billing " on the "My Account" page. If you signed up for HistoryHit using your account with a third party (for example, Apple or Google) as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your HistoryHit membership at any time, including during your Trial Period, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the HistoryHit service through that third party. You may also find billing information about your HistoryHit membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
Changes to the Price and Service Plans.
We may change our service plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 1 month following email notice to you.
- You must be 18 years of age to become a member of HistoryHit. Minors may only use the service under the supervision of an adult.
- The HistoryHit service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the service on a streaming-only basis. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances and agree not to record, or attempt to record, the service.
- You may view the HistoryHit service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location and will change from time to time.
- The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch depends on your chosen subscription plan and is specified on the "My Account" page.
- You agree to use the HistoryHit service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein. You agree not to archive, download, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms & Conditions) content and information contained on or obtained from or through the HistoryHit service. You also agree not to: circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the HistoryHit service; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the HistoryHit service; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the HistoryHit service; insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the HistoryHit service in any way; or, use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. In addition, you agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the HistoryHit service, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs. We may terminate or restrict your use of our service if you violate these Terms of Conditions or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of the service. Our decision to terminate or restrict your access to our service is final and no refunds will be given where you are in breach, or suspected to be in breach, of our Terms & Conditions.
- The quality of the display of the streaming video and audio may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. The minimum connection speed for SD quality is 1 Mbps; however, we recommend a faster connection for improved video quality. HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all TV programmes are available in HD and not all subscription plans allow you to receive HD content. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better. You are responsible for all Internet access charges, including charges on 3G/4G. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching a video or audio file will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, and the configuration of your HistoryHit Supported Device.
- HistoryHit streaming software is developed by, or for, HistoryHit and is designed to enable streaming of content from HistoryHit through HistoryHit Supported Devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you will automatically receive updated versions of the HistoryHit and related third-party software. If your HistoryHit Supported Device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the HistoryHit Supported Device. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the HistoryHit service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information and you may still be charged. To deactivate a device, follow the instructions on the "My Account" page.
- You agree to use the HistoryHit service, which may include some content which is restricted (blacked out or unavailable) to view or watch on one or all platforms in certain countries.
Passwords & Account Access
- The member who created the HistoryHit account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") has access and control over the HistoryHit account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should not reveal the password nor the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the HistoryHit Website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, HistoryHit or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
HistoryHit does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to HistoryHit.
To find more information about our service and its features or if you need assistance with your account, please visit the HistoryHit Help Center on our website. In certain instances, Customer Service may best be able to assist you by using a remote access support tool through which we have full access to your computer. If you do not want us to have this access, you should not consent to support through the remote access tool, and we will assist you through other means. In the event of any conflict between these Terms & Conditions and information provided by Customer Support or other portions of our website, these Terms and Conditions will take preference.
If any provision or provisions of these Terms & Conditions shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Changes to Terms & Conditions.
HistoryHit may, from time to time, change these Terms & Conditions. We will notify you at least 1 month before these new Terms & Conditions apply to you.
We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our Service.